As an agro-based industry we are playing a significant role in rural development and welfare. Our company's contribution to the welfare of the villages, green-belt development and the social obligations it has taken upon itself are many and varied. Their rapport and assistance to the cane growers in various ways is a mark of the mutual understanding and goodwill which has always been in evidence.
We are committed to adhere to the highest standards of business ethics and to conduct the business in a manner that will enhance our stakeholders' values.
We believe that the quality of performance of our staff is commensurate with the quality of work life. We strive to provide a work environment which will lead to "Job Enrichment".
We are moving towards establishing a leadership position in our chosen businesses through continuous benchmarking and 360 improvement. Our Quality Management Systems and Environment Policy have been instrumental supports of this.
The Kattur unit of our company has been certified with ISO 9001-2000 for Quality Management System and ISO 14001-2004 for Environmental Management System.
Our Quality Policy
- Ensure Cost effective operations by improving Productivity and reducing losses
- Closely Monitor and Measure the Product and Process performances to ensure reliable operations
- Update the Process and Systems to comply with Statutory and Regulatory requirements
- Conduct effective training programs for employees to promote awareness on Operations, Safety and Competence
- Comply with requirements of QMS to improve effectiveness of the system through Continual Development Programs
Our Environmental Policy
- Ensuring compliance of all applicable statutory & environmental requirements. Undertake appropriate reviews periodically to evaluate and sustain our efforts
- Conserve energy and explore new opportunities for waste & effluent reduction, reuse and recycle
- Educate and impart training to all employees pm environmental objectives and performances
Green-belt development programme
As part of our green-belt program, we have planted over 25000 trees of various varieties in our factory premises. The planted/grown up varieties are Teak, Eucalyptus, Aachan, Pungan, Thadasu, Poovarasu, Neer Maruthu, Punnai, Delonix, Mahagani, Cassia, Neem, Rain Tree, Ashoka (Nettilingam), Vaagai, Uthiyan, Maramalli, Nuna, Sivagundalam, Eluppai, Bhauhinia, Arasu, and Vadhanaran among others.. This is an ongoing project and we are developing green-belt by planting an average of 600 to 700 trees per month. All the existing trees have grown well. Further, we have avenue planting on the anvil at our factory premises.